A Conversation with Two Friends (Finale)

Janice: Forget about my story. How’s thing with both of you?
Peter: Me? Ha, been like this since forever, single and very the bachelor… erm…
Me: Rite.
Janice: I thought you were with that Malay girl… what’s the name again?
Me: A Malay girl… interesting… I thought you were going for that Caucasian look… the oriental look you always bragging here and there…
Peter: Same like you, it didn’t work out… and I’m not bragging…please…
Janice: What’s the name again?
Peter: Fadirah Syamirah Datuk Hussien… Irah…
Janice: Rite… I killed for that eyes… you know Ned, she’s like so cute... fair and solid... God, I envy her…
Me: No wonder… anak Datuk…hahaha
Peter: Well, she’s at Tazmania now… master…wills you guys just skip the topic...
Janice: Rite. Ned, you said something about Tazmania the other day…what’s that?
Me: Well, was offered a place there… hahaha… but I rather stay…Australian money is like so expensive and you guys know my background… not like you guys…
Janice: Hello?
Peter: Really? Why don’t you go then?
Me: I’d already finish my 1st year here… I got scholarship… what more can I ask for rite? Although, I wanted to go so much but maybe it’s not the right time…
Janice: You can always go there once you’re working…
Me: Rite...as if I’m the grandson of Dr. Zetty ah?
Janice: Anyhow, what’s with you and your life? You never tell us anything about you gf?
Me: Like I have one…
Peter: Seriously…
Me: Long story short, it didn’t turn out good… pull stop...
Janice: Well, I guess we’re all on the same shoes eh…
Peter: Not me… I’m always searching…
Janice: Like who didn’t…
Me: Yeah… it’s hard… you have no idea how hard it is for me…
Janice: Are you a virgin?
Peter: Ask ned…
Me: Been there, done that… hahahaha...
Janice: Seriously…
Peter: Hello cik adik… life’s a bitch…
Janice: You mean you are not too?
Peter: I’m not going to talk about my sex life…
Janice: Open la you…
Peter: I’m just not going to talk about that… and yes, i'm not… satisfied…
Me: Janice seems so virgin… Being mommy’s good little girl…
Janice: I’m just keeping it…hehehe
Peter: Rite...
Janice: No… seriously... I don’t flirt... I’m just being friendly but I’m just keeping it…
Me: Rite Janice… your body seems… ehem… we guys are so aware of that...
Peter: That’s a man natural born talent… hahahaha… I just like being a man…
Janice: Oklah... Once…maybe twice…
Me: Really? With whom…
Peter: Let me guess…
Janice: Shut up you guys…

The conversation ends there… it’s almost 2245 by then… I made my way home and feel a bit disturbed… I don’t think I can continue doing my assignment… Send Peter home and Janice made her way back too….

I lie awake that night… thinking how my life had change ever since. And my friends did too. From a little innocent boy to a kinda mature guy… one way or the other… how I miss my life before… my friends… how’s thing with them… then I started writing again… and look, how a man can change history…

Comments