Help Haiti :(

I know it's a bit out of date to post this entry but still it's an on going thing that we can spend a little of our time to think about. A massive earthquake struck Haiti just before 5 p.m. on January 12. The quake was the worst in the region in more than 200 years. A preliminary assessment from Haiti's government put the body count at 150,000 on January 23rd. Now that's a big number guys. Imagine if it happened here, probably more that halp of Kota Kinabalu will be gone with the ashes (touch wood).

And yes, many people of the world had been paying their concern by donating money, food, clothes, medications etc, being a volunteers, also words of prayer, the least. In Hollywood, actor George Clooney had hosted a commercial-free telethon called Hope for Haiti presented to raise funds for victims of the earthquake and was aired on MTV, joined by Haitian Jean and other pop music and movie stars in the Hollywood.

Now, what are our part in this matter? What can we do? When I went to Kompleks Karamunsing last week, I saw a group of volunteers asking donations for Haiti. It made me smile to see this. I took out whatever I can afford from my wallet and inserted it inside their donation box. I don't mean to brag, I'm just sharing. Really wish I can do more.

And also, Facebook had came out a simple way for us to donate; simply by clicking. I don't know how they are going to do it and I don't care if there's fraud or cheating in this application. I just know that we are suppose to be giving 'it' sincerely and with open heart. What happen next, it's God's will. So guys, this is the least thing we can do, after prayer. Let's us together, help the poor Haitian. It's still not to late for us to play our part, as a part of the world.




Comments