My Weekend - Tahniah Kota Belud!

It had been a great weekend for me. With friends celebrating my birthday to start with, I was taken aback of how many showed up at the party. I can't really thank you enough for the wishes, gifts and hand shakes. Thank you guys. Thank you very much.

That happened Friday night. This is the story that I would really like to share with all of you. The Sugandoi Competition (singing competition) held at Kadazan Dusun Cultural Association Hall (KDCA). 10 contestants were selected after the semi final held last Thursday and last Saturday night, the grand finale was held with the crowd yelling their favourites. But I have to say, the best will always be the best in their own way and this year, it goes down to Kota Belud as the winner for this year.

For those of you who are new to this, Sugandoi means star. It then refers to as The Kaamatan Star which is basically a singing competition. When crowned as the winner, it means you are a star.

And My personal comment to the winner:
Bravo Kota Belud!


These were some of the pictures I snapped during that celebrated night.

Arie Famree Sius representing Kota Belud, the winner of the 2010 Sugandoi Competition


1st runner up, representing Tawau. I can't remember the name :p

2nd runner up, from Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan

Congratulations again to all the winners especially to Arie Famree Sius from Kota Belud. I have to agree that he has that showmanship and talent to be a good singer and performer. And to all the other contestants, you guys have proved that The Land Below The Wind has much to offer in the field of entertainment. The judges must have had a very hard time deciding the winners, I'm quite sure of it but at the end of the day, they have to choose only one and this time, it's from Kota Belud. Well done and congratulations Arie Famree Sius, I declare myself as one of your fan.

Till my next posting guys. I leave you guys with two of Arie Famree Sius's clips of the competition.




Comments