Rainforest World Music Festival (RWMF), Cultural Village, Sarawak

So yeah, this is kinda late to be posted. Right after I came back from my trip to Kuching, Sarawak, I received a letter of transfer so I was a little bit coped up with my work. Having to settle everything in one week, I was pretty much on my sleeves.

But yes, now I have the time to steal a portion of my time to upload some of the photos I managed to take.

These were the people 'involved' in the trip





Caught in action

Model of the day :)

This was actually my first time witnessing the magnificent performances from all over the world and indeed, I was quite satisfied with what I saw. Not the first time in Cultural Village but first time for the RWMF. We were there since 10 in the morning, checking as many traditional houses and capturing the moment as much as possible. Most of us are photographers by hobby, if I must tell you guys.

Marking their spot :)

Spectacular view from this angle. I like :)

Trying the traditional boat

A tourist trying her skill on pottery

Women's voice of the world; love their spontaneous act

By noon, Dewan Lagenda, Iban Long House and The Theatre were the three places where workshops were held. I managed to watch three workshops of my likings. Women's voices of the world, Men's voices of the world and The Russian Folklore Dance Workshop.

Trying the Russian Folklore dance :)

Sape (a traditional guitar) player. Love the music so much

One of the 'scene' which caught my attention. I think the lady is beautiful with her apparel

Men's voice of the world. One of my favourite workshop


Hahaha.. Andy with Yer Bo Li from China :)

The night performances were a interesting one too. Sitting on a mat I first assumed, prepared for us, but later were 'cast' out when the real owner suddenly claimed it back, we had pretty good view of both Stage 1 and stage 2 where performances will showcased. Even though the field (they call it the wet dance floor) was quite muddy at that time, it doesn't stop the viewers from dancing on it.





The United Islands. Love the energetic performance

Croatian Ladies

France taking the stage


Performance from the Land of the Rising Sun

Afghanistan trio

The most of it, I enjoyed my trip. Despite the fact that the food in Sarawak are actually cheaper than most of the state in Malaysia, I found it the other way round in Cultural Village. I don't really mind because I clearly saw the reason why, but I just hope there will be more cafe there with at least a decent of lunch and dinner.

Rain is expected; hence the name – it's totally an experience of different kind with fun-filled atmosphere and a stadium-like mountain which gallows the muddy dance floor. People seem not to mind of the mud but who came out clean and dry to something known as Rainforest World Music Fest? Hahaha... I didn’t. I had so much fun, can’t wait for the next year’s RWMF.


Comments

Joan said…
siok bah kalau pigi sama frens kan.. sa mau ikut grup kamurang next time ( tidak malu lagi ni mau minta ikut..hahaha )
Ned Pungawon said…
hehehe.. buli tu joan... ko atur ja sama sa.. hehehe... ngamla tu.. kurang sikit perempuan dalam grup kami ni.. hehehe...
nice. nati misti mau pigi ni. heheh
Ned Pungawon said…
ya JJboy.. next year join the group la.. hehehe...
gbeejipp said…
hehe. siok kan RWMF. macam big party. Had a good time. Btw, lawa2 gambar ko bos.