Hector and the Search for Happiness by François Lelord

If you know me personally, you will know that I love to read. I started reading since I was 5 and the Library has always been a very fun place for me. Over the years though, I don't really spend much time in the Library but the habit of reading continues and right now, I have various collection of books, fiction and non-fiction, self-help book, history, spiritual gospel etc. Often, I will share my opinion on the book that I have read and today, I will discuss a little bit on the above heading.

A few weeks ago, I bought myself a book a cute blue book entitle Hector and the Search for Happiness. It was written by a French psychiatrist.

The Book:
Hector, I would say, a complicated person, who likes to help people, and he works as a psychiatrist. During his work, he come to know that many of his patients, are not really sick but are just not satisfied and unhappy with their lives. As a psychiatrist, he is obligated to find ways to help them and this begins to be rather a question for himself too. When one of his patients tells him he looks like he needs a good holiday, Hector did just that. While travelling, he is going to search for what makes people happy and whether there is some secret in obtaining it. He traveled to few countries, met old and new friends, and maybe love (Hector is an engaged man), experience life at its, I have to say, little happy-down way, but finally came out with 23 tips of Happiness.

My Say:
It's a very simple and easy to understand book. Choices of words are sometimes weird but still understandable. While reading the book, I don't really have trouble in relating myself to it. For me, it's a 'slow' book, not that it's boring but, it's one of those book that you would read before you go to bed. It's more to a help book then a novel; it reminds me of Robin Sharma somehow. But, if it so happen to be made to a movie, it's definitely going to be a box office.

If I were to rate this book, I would give 3.5 from 5.

© Copyright Anak Jagung

Comments